Results tagged ‘ Logan Morrison ’
Hey, it’s Logan Morrison here…
I have partnered with the American Lung Association to create Project Lomo, a fun contest to encourage kids and young adults to get active in their community. My father died of Lung Cancer in 2010 and shortly thereafter, I started an annual baseball camp to raise money to fight lung cancer. Now, I’m asking young fans to create their own charitable projects. Project LoMo is a call to action to 8-18 year olds, asking them to create their own programs or events that help their community become a better place and/or support a specific cause that is near to their hearts, like fighting lung cancer is to me.
Here’s how to create your project & win:
Step 1: Identify a specific problem/issue that affects you, your family, or community.
Step 2: Create and complete an interesting project that will do at least one of the following:
- raise awareness and/or money for a specific cause.
- initiate social change.
- advance our understanding of what causes or helps prevent a specific illness or problem.
- succeed in getting businesses or individuals to provide money to the Project Lomo pledge.
Step 3: Tell me about your project by August 1, 2013 through a written or video essay (***include your mailing address***) and:
- email it to: Lomo@LungFla.org
- mail it to: Project Lomo, 2701 N. Australian Avenue, Suite 100, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Step 4: Cross your fingers, wait and receive a prize:
- Approved submitted projects will receive a signed picture from me and a #5 Morrison t-shirt jersey.
- every project submitted raises money for ALA.
- five best projects will be awarded with $1,000 and a trip to Miami including a Marlins game, first pitch and more.
I can’t wait to see the difference everyone will make!